SSC CGL 2017 Notification – Application Start Date 11th March 2017
Table of Contents
As per the SSC CGL 2017 Notification, CGLE openings adverts will be released on 11th March 2017.
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 – Important Dates
Advertising date: 11th March 2017
Last date: 15th April 2017
Dates of exam: 19th June – 02nd July 2017
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 – Exam Date
5-8 September 2017
Combined Graduation Level Examination (CGL or CGLE) is one of the most competitive exams in India. Also, it gives you entry into coveted central government jobs.
In 2017, more than 4000 vacancies are expected to offered by SSC. Therefore, prospective applicants are advised to follow Employment News for adverts.
You can also follow our notifications on email for latest updates on SSC CGL 2017.
SSC CGL 2017 – Pattern (*updated)
New major changes:
- Tier 1 and 2 exams will now be conducted on Computer only
- Reduced the number of questions in Tier 1 from 200 to 100 but continues to carry 200 marks
- In Tier 3, a descriptive question of 100 marks added in pen and paper mode
- No cut-off on the basis of sections
- Timeline decreased to 75 minutes from 120 minutes for Tier 1
SSC CGL 2017 exam will consist of 4 tiers as given following:
- Tier 1 (online mode): Objective MCQs (multiple choice questions – computer based
- Tier 2 (online mode): Objective MCQs – computer based
- Tier 3: Descriptive type paper
- Tier 4: Computer proficiency test
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 1 Syllabus
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
Total Time: 75 minutes
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 Syllabus
There will be 4 papers:
|Paper 1||Quantitative Ability||200||100||2 hrs|
|Paper 2||English Language and Comprehension||200||100||2 hrs|
|Paper 3||Statistics||200||100||2 hrs|
|Paper 4||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||200||100 (Q40 from Finance and Accounts and Q60 from Economics and Governance)||2 hrs|
Paper 1 and 2 are mandatory for all SSC job positions. Meanwhile, Paper 3 is mandatory for the post of “Statistical Investigator” and “Compiler”. And Paper 4 is mandatory for only the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”.
Exam date for SSC CGL 2017 Tier II: 5-8 September 2017
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 3 Syllabus
Descriptive type paper in pen and paper mode only.
Questions: writing of essay/precis (250 words) and letter/application writing (100 words)
Minimum score required to qualify: 33 percent
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 4 Syllabus
Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) – at the speed of 8000 key depressions per hour for post of Tax Assistant
Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) – where ever applicable – for the post of Assistant Section Officer in CSS only
We hope you apply for the SSC CGL 2017 in time. In case you have further queries you can use the comment box below.
Also stay tuned to our blog, we will soon update all the information for SSC CGL 2017 notification in march.
You can also join our upcoming batch for SSC CGL 2017 exam.
Latest posts by Learning Skills (see all)
- JNU MA English Entrance 2019 – Syllabus, Dates, Application, and More - March 17, 2019
- UGC NET 2019 Notification – You need to read this before you apply! - March 7, 2019
- Presidency University PG Admission 2019 – MA English Entrance, Pattern & More - February 21, 2019