CLAT 2018 Notification Registration Starts from 1st Jan 2018 – Important Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus and More
CLAT 2018 notification announced on 1st January 2018 for admission to Undergraduate and Postgraduate Law degree programmes in 2018-19 for 19 National Law Universities in India.
As per the MoU (memorandum of understanding) between National Law universities in India, CLAT entrance exam is conducted each year to allow students to apply to all 19 NLUs in one go.
The CLAT 2018 entrance exam for LAW programmes at NLUs is being conducted this year by The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (Kochi, Kerala) – NUALS. Last year, it CLAT was organized by Chanakya National Law University (Patna, Bihar).
All 19 NLUs are the top ranking premiere law schools in India. Therefore, admission to NLU can get you high flying career in Law right after graduation.
Under the CLAT 2018, there are two separate categories for Five Year Integrated Honors Law Degree and one year LLM Degree in all 19 NLUs. The Five Year Integrated Honors Law Degree is an undergraduate programme, meanwhile, One Year LLM Degree is a postgraduate programme.
The further relevant information related to CLAT 2018 notification is provided below that includes important dates, eligibility, syllabus and more.
Important Dates of CLAT 2018 Entrance Exam
CLAT 2018 online registration start date: 01 January 2018
Last date for registration: 31 March 2018
Downloading application last date: 12 May 2018
Application online fee payment: 01 January to 31 March 2018
Application offline challan payment: 01 January to 21 March 2018
Admit cards will be available from: 20 April 2018
Admit card the last date to download: 12 May 2018
CLAT 2018 exam date: 13 May 2018 from 3pm to 5pm
CLAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Five Year Integrated Law Honors Degree: 10+2 from the recognized school with at least 45 percent marks for general, OBC, PWD, NRI, NRI sponsored, and 40 percent marks for SC and ST candidates. Candidates in 12th class, who are appearing for March/April final exams are also eligible.
- One Year LLM Degree: LLB degree from recognized University with at least 55 percent marks for general, OBC, PWD, NRI, NRI sponsored candidates and 40 percent marks for SC and ST candidates. Candidates in final year of their LLB degree course are eligible.
Syllabus of CLAT 2018 Entrance Exam
Common Law Admission Test 2018 for 5 Year Integrated Law Honors Degree:
Total Questions: 200
Maximum Marks: 200
Duration: 2 hours
– English Language and Comprehension (40 marks)
– General Knowledge and Current Affairs (50)
– Mathematics (20)
– Legal Aptitude (50)
– Logical reasoning (40)
*0.25 negative marking for each wrong answer
CLAT 2018 for One Year LLM Degree:
Total Question: 150
Maximum Marks: 150
Duration: 2 hours
– Constitutional Law (50 marks)
– Jurisprudence (50)
– Other Laws such as Contract, IPR, Criminal, International etc. (50)
How to Apply for Common Law Admission Test 2018?
- Visit this link: https://admissions.clat.ac.in/clat2018/
- On the top click on button named “Click here for Registration”
- Fill in the relevant information accurately
- Upload scanned photo and signature
- Preview your application
- Upload your scanned documents
- Finally pay the application fee online
List of Participating Institutes for CLAT 2018
GNLU Gandhi Nagar
RML NLU Lucknow
RG NUL Punjab
NUALS Kochi (organizing university for CLAT 2018)
CLAT 2018 Contact Information
Organizing Law School: The National University of Advanced Legal Studies – NUALS (Kochi)
Address: NUALS Campus, Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala – 683503
Official website: http://www.clat.ac.in
Mobile: 09446899010 (9:30am to 6pm)
- List of Universities Accepting LAQP01 MA English CUET PG - April 1, 2023
- List of CUET PG Universities for HUQP18 Paper Code (MA Political Science) - March 26, 2023
- CUET PG 2023 MA Political Science Entrance HUQP18 - March 22, 2023