CBSE UGC NET Notification 2018 – Important Dates, Pattern Change & More – New Updates
On 8th January 2017, CBSE announced CBSE UGC NET Notification July 2018 exam. This short notification has put a stop to rumor mills that have been spreading a lot of false news around the internet.
There are major changes as per the UGC NET Notification 2018 that are:
- The core papers – that are Paper 2 and Paper 3 – are combined into one, which is now called only Paper 2.
- Reduced the total time from 5 hours to 3 hours only.
- Also, reduced the total number of questions from 175 to 150 questions.
- Interestingly, the upper age limit for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) has been increased from 28 years to 30 years.
We bring you detailed information from the CBSE UGC NET Notification and major changes that will be introduced. Also, we’ve our take and analysis on this.
UGC NET Notification Announcement Date: 01st February 2018
Application start date: 05th March 2018
Last to apply: 5th April 2018
Application fee last date: 6th April 2018
Correction in Application available from: 25th April to 01st May 2018
CBSE UGC NET Exam Date: 08 July 2018 (Sunday from 9:30 to 10:30 am for Paper 1 & 11 am to 1 pm for Paper 2)
New UGC NET Exam Pattern 2018
There are significant pattern changes in CBSE UGC NET exam of 2018. The total no. of questions, total time, and total marks have been reduced. Also, Paper 2 and Paper 3 are combined into one, which now only paper 2.
Following is given the new CBSE UGC NET exam of 2018:
UGC NET Main Papers: Paper 1 (General) and Paper 2 (Subject)
– Total marks: 100
– No. of questions: 50 (all compulsory)
– Duration: 1 Hour
– Total marks: 200
– No. of questions: 100 (all compulsory)
– Duration: 2 Hours
Other important changes:
– Age to qualify for JRF has been increased from 28 years to 30 years
– Syllabuses across all subjects and General Paper 1 will remain same
CBSE UGC NET Notification 2018 – Notification Below:
CBSE UGC NET Contact Information
Address: H 149 Sector, Noida 63, Uttar Pradesh – 201309
Phone: 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529
Official website: https://cbsenet.nic.in
- UGC NET Help and Free Counseling – Ask Your Questions - October 5, 2023
- UGC NET December 2023: Important Dates, Application Process, and More - October 5, 2023
- CUET PG 2024 Help & Counseling – Ask Your Questions - September 25, 2023