SOL BA English Honours Syllabus, Study Materials, Question Papers and More
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Delhi University SOL BA English Honours course, which is the most popular course of all. That attracts students from across India. Because of this the merit list of this course often opens at 98-99 percent in most of the regular colleges.
Furthermore, BA English Honours course offers better career opportunities right after graduation. You could start your career in media, writing or consultancy at lucrative pay packages.
Nevertheless, to get a lucrative career you will need skills in writing, and in-depth knowledge of English literature. Moreover, secure high marks in your graduation. Therefore, in order to do that, you will need all essential details and help to effectively prepare for the exams and secure high score.
Therefore, to help you all, we have compiled all important information and content for SOL BA English Honours in this article. You don’t need to go anywhere but refer to this article only for everything related to your course.
Important Note: August 2019 SOL has updated SOL BA English Honors 1st Year syllabus. Moreover, introduced semester system from 2019-2020 academic session. Therefore, we have udpated the syllabus for the 1st year accordingly. The syllabus for 2nd and 3rd remains unchanged, however it may change from next year. The final confirmation will be as per the notification of SOL website.
SOL BA English Honours Important Details
The important details that you should know are provided below:
Minimum Duration: 3 years
Maximum Duration: 5 years
Admission Fee: Rs. 3,530/- (subject to change, refer to SOL website for final confirmation)
Application Mode: Online (offline is for only PWD, BPL, NHE, FSR students)
SOL BA English Honours Eligibility Criteria
- For General candidates minimum 65 percent in aggregate in 10+2 level with at least 65 percent in Elective/Functional English or 75 percent in Core English subject.
- For SC and ST only minimum passing marks required.
- For OBC candidates minimum 58.5 percent in aggregate in 10+2 level with at least 58.5 percent in Elective/Functional English or 67.5 percent in Core English subject.
- PWD candidates exempted from minimum eligibility criteria.
- Applicable to all except PWD candidates: The candidate should have completed 10+2 in following pattern: one language + 3 academic subjects (vocational subject not allowed).
How to Apply for SOL BA English Honours Online?
- Visit https://sol.du.ac.in
- Register online for admission
- Fill the details accurately
- Upload scanned copies of relevant documents
- Make payment
- After successful payment download the fee receipt and ID card
SOL BA English Honours Syllabus, Study Materials, Previous Year Question Papers and Exam Pattern
SOL’s syllabus is different from Delhi University’s regular BA English course. Hence, it is important for SOL BA English Honours students to be aware of this difference. And accordingly, join the coaching that offers specialized SOL BA English Honours coaching in Delhi.
First Year of BA English Honours Syllabus
SOL has introduced semester system to the BA English Honors from 2019-2020 academic year. It will be first implemented on the first year of BA English Honors, therefore the syllabus has been changed accordingly. Following is the SOL BA English Honors new syllabus for 2019-2020 academic session:
Second Year of BA English Honours Syllabus – Part II 2019
- English Literature 1 – Paper 3 – Study Material & Question Paper
- English Literature 2 – Paper 4 – Study Material & Question Paper
- Paper 5 – Any one of the following:
Third Year of BA English Honours Syllabus – Part III 2020
- English Literature 3 – Paper 6 – Study Material
- English Literature 5 – Paper 7 – Study Material & Question Paper
- Contemporary Literature – Paper 8 – Study Material & Question Papers
- Paper 9 any one of the following:
SOL Contact Information
SOL North Campus
5 Cavalry Lane, Delhi-07
Phone: 27008300, 27008301
South Campus SOL
South Moti Bagh, New Delhi-21
Deputy Director: 24104037
- UGC NET Help and Free Counseling – Ask Your Questions - October 5, 2023
- UGC NET December 2023: Important Dates, Application Process, and More - October 5, 2023
- CUET PG 2024 Help & Counseling – Ask Your Questions - September 25, 2023