NTA UGC NET 2020 – Registration Date Extended to 16 May 2020
Table of Contents
NTA UGC NET 2020 registration date extended to 16th May 2020 due to countrywide lock down to decrease spread of novel coronavirus.
National Testing Agency (NTA) authorized to conduct National Eligibility Test (NET) on behalf of University Grants Commission (UGC). Earlier, NTA was scheduled to close registration on 16th April 2020.
However, due to global scare and increasing cases of COVID19 virus, India is put under complete lock down by the Government of India till 15th April 2020.
There was a high probability that many aspirants who may not have access to the Internet will not be able to complete their application during lock down. That’s why NTA extended the date accordingly.
If you’re one of the aspirants, then you don’t have to worry. Now you have enough time at hand.
So, to further help you, we bring all important details about NTA UGC NET 2020. If any changes come up, we will also update you, to follow our updates like and follow our Learning Skills institute facebook page.
NTA UGC NET 2020 Important Dates
|Online Application Start Date||16th March 2020|
|Extended Last Date||16th May 2020 (Revised)|
|Fee Payment Last Date||17th April 2020|
|Online Correction Dates||18th April to 24th April 2020|
|Download Admit Card Date||15th May 2020|
|NTA UGC NET 2020 Exam Dates||15th June to 20th June 2020|
|Result Date||5th July 2020|
Exam Important Details
NTA UGC NET 2020 exam details
|Total Duration||3 hours (180 hours)|
|Exam Timings||First Shift: 9:30 am to 12:30 pm|
|Second Shift: 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm|
|Exam Centre, Date & Shift Details||As mentioned on applicant’s Admit card|
|Fee Payable (excluding GST & processing fee)||General: Rs. 1000/-|
|General-EWS & OBC-NCL: Rs. 500/-|
|Other Reserved Categories: Rs. 250/-|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Question Type||MCQs (multiple type questions)|
NET 2020 Exam Pattern
|Papers||Total Marks||Total Questions|
|General Paper 1||100||50|
|Subject Paper 2||200||100|
NET Eligibility Criteria 2020
Following are the important details regarding eligibility criteria for NET 2020 exams:
- Must have completed Masters’ Degree or equivalent from a recognized university
- Minimum percentage requirement:
- General/Unreserved/General-EWS: 55 percent marks
- Other reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC): 50 percent marks
- Applicants who are in the final year of Master’s degree are eligible to apply. Provided they show proof of minimum percentage secured and completion of Masters degree within 2 years time.
- There’s no upper age limit for NET (assistant professor). However, for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship, you should be 30 years of age as on 1st June 2020. However, 5 years age relaxation available for JRF to reserved categories and candidates from armed forces.
For more detailed information on eligibility criteria we recommend you to check out the official information bulletin.
Online Application Process for NTA NET 2020
- Visit the website: NTA UGC NET 2020 Official Website
- Complete your online registration
- Come back to the web portal
- Log on using generated ID and password
- Start your application process
- Fill the online application form
- Upload relevant documents, signature and photos
- Pay application fee online
- Keep a download copy of application form
- Keep the payment fee receipt
NTA Contact Information
Address: C20/1A/8, Noida Sector 62, UP 201309