DU LLB 2020: Eligibility, Entrance Details & Syllabus, Application & More
Table of Contents
Delhi University postponed DU LLB 2020 notification due to pan India lockdown to stop the spread of coronavirus.
There are three centers of Delhi University Law Faculty. Together all centers offer more than 2600 seats for LLB course.
Moreover, DU Law Faculty is ranked one of the top Law Schools in India. That’s why, despite so many seats, thousands of students across India applies here. That leads to very high competition to crack LLB entrance exams.
If you are planning to apply, then we suggest you to read this article completely. We have highlighted all important information regarding DU LLB 2020 here. At any point, you’ve question then feel free to ask questions using the comment box at the end of the article.
The DU LLB 2020 exam will take place in the month of September (as per the UGC notification). Moreover, DU will remain closed till nation-wide lockdown is in place. Hence, the commencement of the application process will start after lockdown.
Important Dates for DU LLB 2020 (Postponed)
The official notification suggests the probable DU LLB enrollment dates for 2020.
|Online registration begins on||2nd April 2020 (postponed due to lockdown)|
|Last date for online enrollment||
We will soon update
|Issuance of Admit Card|
|Date of written examination|
|Issuing answer key|
|Date of result announcement|
DU LLB Examination Details
|Examination shift||Morning Shift|
|Exam Pattern||MCQ based|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|Maximum number of questions||100|
|Marking||Correct answer: +4
Incorrect answer: -1
|Application fee for general/OBC candidates||Rs. 750|
|Application fee for ST/SC/PWD||Rs. 300|
|No. of seats (Total)||2658|
Eligibility for DU LLB Applicants
- General Category: The candidate must hold an undergraduate/post-graduate degree with at least 50% marks.
- OBC Category: The candidates must hold a graduate degree or a post-graduate degree with 45% marks in total.
- SC/ST Category: SC/ST candidates have to secure 40% of total marks in graduation or post-graduation degree to appear for DU LLB 2020.
- CW Category: The widows/ wards of ex-servicemen/serving personnel must hold 45% marks in total to appear for DU LLB Examination.
- PH Category: The graduates and post-graduates with physical inabilities of some degree must hold 45% marks in total.
Syllabus for DU LLB Entrance 2020
DU does not publish a strategic syllabus for the LLB entrance examination. However, the question paper of the previous years, suggests an outline of the syllabi. The followings are the topics that you must prepare for DU LLB 2020.
|English Language Comprehension||This section will cover vocabulary, grammar, usage errors, and comprehension.|
|General Knowledge and current affairs||This section will encompass questions related to History, Politics, Geography, General Science, Books as well as Authors, Science and technology, Industries, and Agriculture.|
|Analytical abilities||Candidates must prepare for topics like Number Test, Ranking, Coding & Decoding, in addition to Assertion-Reason, Analogy, Blood Relationships, Syllogism, Statement & Action, etc.|
|Legal Awareness and aptitude||Besides Indian Constitution, Indian Contract Art, Law of Torts, Legal Maxims, Family Law, Indian Penal Code, Legal fundamentals and terms, students must also learn about Supreme Court landmark judgement.|
Step-by-Step DU LLB 2020 Application Process
- Link to admission portal will be available on http://du.ac.in/
- Log in for filling the form using the application number that you will get after registering.
- Fill the form with the correct information
- Upload your photograph (Size: 50 kb – 100 kb; Dimension: 100X130 pixels; Format: jpg/jpeg/ png)
- Upload your signature (Size: 50 kb; Dimension: 140X60 pixels)
- Upload the Adhaar Card/PAN card/ Passport/Driving License (Size: 50 kb; Format: jpg/jpeg/ png)
- Upload scanned copies of the mark sheets of 10th and 12th
- Upload the scanned copy of caste certificate
- Pay the application fee and take a print out of the fee payment receipt.
Delhi University LLB Contact Details
Address: Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, Chhatra Marg, Delhi-110 007
Phone: +91 1127667483
NOTE: we will update the relevant dates and other information as soon as the latest notification is announced by Delhi University Law Faculty.
- CUET PG 2022 Part A Question Paper with Explanation (Video) - October 22, 2022
- CUET PG Part A – General Paper Pattern and Syllabus - October 13, 2022
- PGQP42 CUET PG 2022 Results Accepting Universities List - October 8, 2022