Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) Examination 2017 – Eligibility, Syllabus, and Notification – Total Post 173
Table of Contents
UPSC has announced notification for Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) examination 2017 on 12th April 2017. The last date for online application is 5th May 2017.
The CAPF examination will recruit candidates in group A section for assistance commandant posts for top central forces – CRPF, BSF, CISF and SSB. The total number of post is 173.
All important details related to UPSC CAPF examination 2017 are given below.
Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) Examination 2017 Eligibility
You have to meet following eligibility criteria to apply for CAPF AC Examination:
- Indian citizen
- Both male and female are eligible for the posts
- Age limit: minimum 20 year and maximum 25 years as on 1st August 2017
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university in India
- Students in final year of Degree are also eligible
- Meet basic minimum physical standards as mentioned in original notification
Refer to official notification for detailed eligibility information, link to download official notification is given below.
Important Dates – CAPF Examination 2017
Notice number: 8/2017-CPF
Online application start date: 12th April 2017
Last date: 5th May 2017 till 6 pm
Last date to pay application fee: till 11:59 pm of 4th May 2017
Admit cards are available from: June 2017 last week
CAPF Examination 2017 date: 23rd July 2017
Result date: September 2017 approx.
CAPF AC Posts Intake
- Border Security Force – 28
- Central Reserve Police Force – 65
- Central Industrial Security Force – 23
- Sashastra Seema Bal – 63
CAPF AC 2017 Examination Centers
CAPF AC 2017 Syllabus and Selection Process
Following is the diagram of selection process for CAPF AC posts:
Examination Syllabus (Paper 1 and 2)
Paper 1 Syllabus
Total marks: 250
Total duration: 2 hours
Paper 1: General Ability and Intelligence
- General Mental Ability
- General Science
- Current Affairs
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian History
- India and World Geography
Paper 2 Syllabus
Total marks: 200
Total duration: 3 hours
Paper 2: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
Part A: Essay type questions (Hindi and English) – Total Marks 80
Part B: Comprehension, Precis Writing, Communication/Language (only English) – Total marks 120)
Physical Efficiency Test Syllabus
- 100-meter race – 16 sec male – 18 sec female
- 800-meter race – 3 minutes 45 sec – 4 minutes 45 sec
- Long Jump – 3.5 meters – 3 meters
- Shot Put (7.26kg) – 4.5 meters – nil
Candidates qualifying in exam, PET, and medical will be invited for personal interview. The personal interview will carry 150 marks.
Selection will take place on the basis of marks obtained in examination and personal interview.
How to Apply UPSC CAPF AC 2017?
- Visit this link: https://upsconline.nic.in/upsc/mainmenu2.php
- Click on Part 1 Registration
- Agree and fill up the registration form
- Make online payment
- Select preferred center
- Upload photo and signature
- Agree to declaration and take print out
- CUET PG 2022 Part A Question Paper with Explanation (Video) - October 22, 2022
- CUET PG Part A – General Paper Pattern and Syllabus - October 13, 2022
- PGQP42 CUET PG 2022 Results Accepting Universities List - October 8, 2022