The textbook Managerial Accounting is an ideal purchase for commerce and management students from undergrad to postgrad level. Even it is recommended by teachers and toppers for competitive and entrance exams such as UGC NET Commerce and Management exams, MBA Entrance such as CAT, MAT etc. and other competitive exams such as Banking PO.
The authors (Ronald W. Hilton and David E. Platt) of the Managerial Accounting published by Tata McGraw Hill are both the renowned expert on the subject of Accounting and Financial Management. Ronald W. Hilton is a Cornell faculty member since 1977 at Ohio State and the University of Florida. On the other hand, David E. Platt is an Associate Dean at the McCombs School of Business, University of Texas (Austin).
Both the authors have designed the Managerial Accounting textbook in such a way that even a beginner can easily understand and comprehend concepts of Accounting. In the textbook, the authors have focused on engagement and interactivity part that automatically increases the reader’s interest.
By using following:
– real-world examples
– using easy to understand the language
– explaining popular management accounting practice
– with focus on ethics
– stuff with questions
– quizzes, case studies, and exercises
– and also adding spreadsheet practical tutorials
The textbook gives you a comprehensive knowledge of the managerial accounting. A knowledge that you can easily convert into skills with application and practice.
Following are the chapters included in the book:
– Role of Managerial Accounting
– Cost Management Concepts
– Product Costing and Cost Accumulation
– Process Costing and Hybrid Product-Costing Systems
– Activity-Based Costing and Management
– Activity Analysis, Cost Behavior and Estimation
– Profit Analysis
– Quality and Sustainability
– Financial Planning
– Direct Costs
– Overhead Costs
– Responsibility Accounting
– Investment Centers and Transfer Pricing
– Decision Making
– Pricing Decisions
– Capital Expenditure
It is one of the most detailed textbooks on Accounting but particularly on Managerial Accounting.
There are no reviews yet.